If there is one thing my adoring fans always want to know it’s, “Lisi, why do you look so much older than your real age of eighteen?” If there is one more thing it’s, “Your books are always full of pop culture references. How do you manage to keep up?”
While I can’t make sense of premature aging, I can tell you how I keep a firm grip on all things shallow and trivial. Her name is Alisha. She is my much appreciated office elf. And one of her many responsibilities is to generate what I call The Pop Doc. It’s a weekly round up of pop culture news and it’s FAB!! Instead of wasting time trolling the web for the latest scandals and outrages, Alisha does it for me. Then she compiles her findings into a lovely document and emails it to me. Awesome, right?
My latest Pop Doc (week of March 26th) was a great one. One that left me wondering if I am now the queen of all useless knowledge, behind the curve, or at one with the general public. So I am going to quiz you to see what you know.
1. Justin Bieber was awarded the honor of Juno Fan Choice Award for the fourth year in a row, but chose not to attend to accept the award. When his name was announced, it was overshadowed by a chorus of boos from the crowd. The last time he was booed at an awards show was _________ ?
2. ___________ is joining “The Voice.” The show made the announcement on Monday via Twitter. _____ will rotate in for season 7, following ______’s exit.
3. Who is launching a new fragrance called “That Moment“?
4. The new book series, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a spin-off of which not-very-popular-and-not-well-known existing series?
5. Which celebrity couple just announced their separation?
Go to Alisha’s Office Elf blog for answers and the rest of the story.
Leave me a comment and let me know how you did.