This morning, while trying to procrastinate, I perused the magazines I used to research the flashback scenes in The Dirty Book Club. And, wow! Same game, different rules. Some better, others not so much…
1) Swimsuit models didn’t buy boobs. Flat was where it was at and that’s much sexier if you ask me. I am wondering what that pepperoni-shaped object is on her chest, though. If only sunscreen had a stronger presence in the 70s.
2) $1 was taken seriously. The value of books was not.
3) That $1 had more “nutrition” than everything in this picture combined.
4) Photos weren’t shopped. Model’s faces moved when they smiled. Pores and facial elasticity were socially acceptable.
5) This cigarette ad …Read More