I pretend I’m writing but I’m really searching for your confessions. #WeArePretenders
I heart book tour.
My world–a white office with yellow accents and a dirty computer monitor–expands. The influx of new sights and sounds fills me with inspiration and always teaches me something new. Here are some of those things:
On Being in Awe
– It’s official. I am no longer an author, I am awe-thor. I met so many incredibly talented YA writers in the past month. I am humbled and inspired.
– I spent a fortune on YA books.
– Employees are not charmed by my refusal to say things like grande or venti.
– Starbucks in Columbia, SC does not offer yogurt parfait.
– Everyone standing in line looks anemic.
– I now drink tea.
Look up! Higher. Higher! Like 35,000 feet up! See that plane? See the person wearing the giant headphones waving? It’s me. I’m heading from LA to DC to SC to YA’ll Fest. Join me, won’t you?
Welcome to the neighborhood…